When the Sun is playing hide and seek , flowers are in full bloom and the weather is just perfect when rain paints the entire Madhya Pradesh in emerald green, and offer relief to the parched landscapes, there’s no way you are sitting at home and doing nothing exciting.
It’s always exciting and fun to plan a weekend trip to Orchha around major holidays. The year 2017 is the rewarding year when it comes to travelling and we have amazing weekend inspirations in Orchha- the hidden land, planned perfectly for you!
- Less Touristy
Orchha, the serene town has existed since the 15th century and has numerous monuments strewn about. Although Orchha is one of the most impressive sites in India that are commonly visited by Korean travelers but still there are not many tourists to crowd the place during long weekend runs. You may also choose to reach Orchha while returning to Jhansi from Khajuraho, as a detour.
- Impressive Architecture
Looking at the tremendously handsome fort, the hidden town of Orchha is a destination not to be missed, especially in Monsoon. The green bed of lush fauna complements each architectural building in Orchha. The Jahangir Mahal, in particular, is definitely worth exploring and in many ways just as impressive as any palace in other states of India.
- Palatial Temples
Chaturbhuj Temple, which was initially built for Lord Ram, is also unique–a vast cathedral-like Hindu temple with an imposing high roof with a good view.Like Khajuraho, Orchha is also pleasantly rural and less tourist oriented to boot. Ideally, Orchha is a delightful base for village, countryside walks and bicycle. While the structure of Raja Ram temple, which is not very impressive from out side but offers a visual treat within its premises. Laxmi Temple is an epitome of art with gigantic architecture and awe- inspiring paintings within.
Ram Raja Temple
- Breathtaking Cenotaphs
The 15th century cenotaphs are the signature landmarks of Orchha which not only border the shimmering river betwa but renders a mesmerizing backdrop for photographers who yearn to capture the perfect sunset at Betwa.
- Royal Holiday Experience
Amar Mahal Orchha within itself is an amazing destination to experience in Orchha when you don’t wish to go out of your confined boundaries in the town. You can time travel the majestic Bundela era through the fascinating architecture and surrounding serene ambiances of Amar Mahal in #Orchha.
For the breathtaking cenotaphs bordering River Betwa, mesmerizing temple structures and the impressive Fort, Orchha is that one destination one could most easily imagine visiting repeatedly on long weekends. And not to be missed, plan your stay at Amar Mahal to enjoy the best of your weekend tour in Orchha.
For more details and Reservation queries, Please Contact–
Orchha, District Tikamgarh, Madhya Pradesh- INDIA
Planning to host an anniversary or a Birthday party or launching your product, or may be a corporate team building conference? To host all these events there is this one thing which is very important, and that is a Convention Center- Party venue- Conference Hall. Call it anything but a Convention Center is an essential element to host an event. Amar Mahal is ideally located in the serene town of Orchha to conduct business meetings, social events and family gatherings.
Still wondering why Orchha’s Convention Center? Here are 7 interesting reasons to host your next event in Orchha’s Amar Mahal Convention Center.
- Surrounded by Nature– A serene palace in the hidden town with lush greenery and shimmering river, Amar Mahal is an epitome of heritage and royal culture of Bundelkhand. Your guests would not just attend your event but also be mesmerized by the splendid environs of the town.
- Marvelous architecture– Set in architecturally rich surroundings with awe-inspiring paintings adorning the walls; the state of the art Meeting and Convention Center is the treat for eyes. Every nook and corner of the palace’s Convention Centre is worth admiring and your guest will taste the touch of Bundeli Royalty.
- Spacious Meeting Hall– Weather you hold a business gathering, launch a product or conduct review meetings; the spacious and elegant room, decorated in theatre style, is sufficient to accommodate 100-150 PAX in a professional yet relaxing environment. It can also be customized for pre-wedding functions, anniversary parties, birthday celebrations and business occasions and events.
- Modern Facilities and Equipment– Facilities like Wi-Fi, Meeting supplies, Audio/Visual assistance at the venue ensure no inconvenience. Each system and equipment is pre-tested multiple times prior to the event so that no inconvenience is faced by the host at the last moment.
- Impressive Board Room- Be it your product launch, board meetings, or pre and post wedding functions, we at Amar Mahal make it interesting with the big screen display and ample lighting in the room.
- Multiple Functionality – Our Convention Hall can also be customized for pre wedding functions, anniversary parties, birthday celebrations and business occasions and events at different pleasant locations. The Convention Center is is flexible enough to be customized as per your requirement and convenience.
- Warm Hospitality– With personalized assistance and determined staff we ensure that your business gathering will be an experience that’s anything but ordinary. Be it a search for the venue for short meetings or even a daylong event and conference – never hesitate to inquire about our Convention Center and we will exceed your expectations.
The way meetings are planned, product launches are designed or wedding planners schedule functions and other social or business events may change in the coming year, but one piece of the industry will remain the same; we will continue to need Convention centers to host our functions and events. So take a lead and check out Amar Mahal Convention Center as a marvelous venue for your next event in Orchha.
Secret and beautifully hidden from the eyes of tourists’ crowd, Orchha is an intriguing town of Madhya Pradesh which will make you divert from your Jhansi route and re-calibrate.
The most fascinating of all the magnificent surroundings is the Orchha’s Fort complex. The grand Orchha Complex is divided into three mesmeric sections; Jahangir Mahal, Raj Mahal and Sheesh Mahal. The Raj Mahal was once the prime residence of Bundela kings and their queens. Secret alleys, steep stairs and exquisite murals depicting avatars of Lord Vishnu, whom the super religious king of Bundelkhand; Madhukar Shah worshipped, narrate the story of a powerful era gone by.
Moving further, the Sheesh Mahal,is a heritage hotel inside the fort complex run by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism. It was once the residence of kings. Jahangir Mahal is another breathtaking palace was built inside the Orchha Fort in the 17th century to mark Jahangir’s visit to Orchha. What makes it even more distinct is that it is designed by combining both Mughal and Bundela architecture. Stone elephants, lattice-work on the windows and delicate double chatris add to the elegance of the palace.
18 km from Jhansi, the small town of Orchha, which bestows the testimony of Bundela rule through this magnificent Orchha Fort, is stretched over the bank of river Betwa with a rich legacy of the mighty Bundela kingdom.
Travel to this lesser known secret town for a unique experience of Royal Indian Heritage and its grandeur!